Saturday, February 11, 2017

Currently in my handbag

I miss the days when I didn't have to switch between a diaper bag and a purse. Don't get me wrong- I love my diaper bag , but it does feel a bit... mom-ish. (I do see this bag transitioning into a great gym bag or travel bag someday, however... all the pockets!)



I've figured out how to make changing bags quick, easy and painless because, like a Girl Scout, I like to be prepared and have what I need on hand as much as possible. I only have to move 3 items total, because I've compartmentalized all of my things into smaller bags that are easy to grab and go.

I have my favorite wallet in the whole wide world, my Hobo Lauren wallet (the color I've linked is similar, because mine is so old.) I remember years back a girlfriend RAVED about "her Hobo," and I was mystified for two reasons. 1: It's pricey! and 2. It's a wallet! I finally decided to bite the bullet about 4 years ago, and I'm never going back. The leather is gorgeous, the quality is top notch, it holds up so well... frankly, I think it keeps on getting better and better as it ages. This thing holds it all- seriously. I've even used it as a clutch before. It's perfect.

I found this shop on Etsy sometime ago, and I love her fabric choices. I would buy all the things if I had a need for it! In this bag I keep some of my beauty tried and trues:

  • Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream absorbs quickly and it works. And- its less than $4
  • Burt's Bees lip balm in Hibiscus- quick swipe for color
  • Medela lanolin for my cuticles. Seriously, nothing works better
  • Bobby pins and hair ties #mombunlyfe
  • MAC lipstick in Syrup. I love lipstick, but I have a special affinity for MAC colors. This one is the perfect everyday shade. If want something a little brighter, I've been grabbing Lustering
  • ColorScience Sunforgettable Brush-On Sunscreen SPF 50 (they also make an SPF 30 version). I'm an SPF fanatic (although my wrinkles and melasma say otherwise). I go through at least 3 tubes of this a year [and they do offer a special 3 pack with additional savings.] I can't recommend this one enough. Seriously- if you do nothing else for your skin, do SPF! 
My current handbag is a second-hand bag I bought in college while I worked at a shoe repair shop. It's a brand called Tano. The long story short behind this bag is that I asked my mom to take it somewhere to get fixed and//or find new buckles for it (it had issues with the strap buckles) and she then LOST it. Well, 7 years later [yup, 7 years], she found it, and I took it in to get fixed. It;s like a brand new bag, and I love it! :)

The bag's first foray out in public after a long hiatus... getting a 24 week pregnancy glucose test (at 26 weeks along...)

Anything you think I should add? Are you a minimalist, or a maximalist like myself when it comes to your purse?

Xo,
Lindsay 

No comments: